Eager to Serve
Not only do we have emergency hours when needed, but Dr. Howard provides patients with her home and cell numbers and calls surgical patients following surgery.
Changing Lives with Each Smile
Dr. Jamie Howard has always enjoyed working with her hands and helping others. While observing various dental professionals during college, she discovered her love for dentistry and restoring and maintaining oral health and beautiful smiles. In dental school she worked in an oral surgery office and her passion for dental surgery was born. She graduated from the University of Mississippi’s School of Dentistry, then completed her residency at UAB in the Department of Periodontology and received a Master’s of Science in Dentistry.
- Dr. Jamie Howard is from Oxford, MS and grew up attending nearly every Ole Miss football and baseball game – Hotty Toddy!
- She attended college at the University of Mississippi and was enrolled in the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors college from which she earned a Bachelors of Science in Biology. She worked as a student teacher with 3- and 4- year old children throughout college and enjoys treating patients of all ages.
- She graduated Cum Laude from the University of MS School of Dentistry and then completed a 3 year residency program in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
- Dr. Jamie Howard received a position as a research fellow during her final year of residency and completed research on gingival grafting procedures to treat gum recession.
- Masters of Science in Dentistry from the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Served as a member of the International Team for Implantology Young Congress 2019
- Recipient of the Zandra Dorr Klein Award for Periodontics, the American Academy of Periodontics Student Award, the International College of Dentists’ Humanitarian Award, the GlaxoSmithKlein Preventative Dentistry Award, the Quintessence Award for Academic Excellence
- Dr. Howard served as the American Academy of Periodontology Foundation liaison during her residency
- Dr. Howard was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society and the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society in dental school